Thursday, November 26, 2015

Time Flies...Almost a year since my last post...Much to be thankful for!!!

     First of all, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
I took this picture of these turkeys this past spring hiking at Rocky Mountain National Park.
Too much time has gone by.  It's been almost a year since my last post and many changes have happened.  I spent the past two years in a wonderfully rewarding position as the ESL Teacher.  It was a fantastic experience.  But last school year our school ran without an Instructional Coach.  My principal did an amazing job, but several of us stepped up and helped her with the many responsibilities.  This is why this blog was put on the back burner.
     At the beginning of this school year, along with many physical changes to our building (we had a huge construction project that forced us to start the year later than normal), we had many personnel changes.  One of those changes was me moving into the role of Instructional Coach.  I must say that it is a full-time job and I don't know how we did it last year without one nor do I know how schools run with a coach that also is a full time classroom teacher.

     That being said, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE what I am doing now.  It is so rewarding to get to know staff with whom I wouldn't have otherwise interacted.  Along with all the assessments to arrange, data to interpret, PLCs to run, new teachers to mentor, etc, etc, etc, I am also working hard on boosting teacher morale and helping to manage stress as well as still trying to maintain student interaction-after all, they are the reason we work so hard everyday.  Our building-Green Acres Elementary is truly the place to be!

    I am hoping to get back into blogging.  I started a couple new products for my TPT and Teachers Notebook Store so look for them soon.  I am hoping to branch out a little with things I post-possibly starting to include life beyond the classroom, but all of it relates in my opinion.  So if I post something, say about a recipe or some kind of getaway or some kind of fashion or some cool show or activity, know that those things indirectly relate to school in that a relaxed mind and body will ultimately be more productive.  Plus it would just be so fun to branch out.  I am so looking forward to being back-I think my blogging anniversary was just this month, three years ago.  It's hard to believe.

Glitter Words
[Glitterfy.com - *Glitter Words*]

No comments:

Post a Comment