Sunday, October 20, 2013

The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything




This is one of my most favorite books.  Every Fall I love to read this to my students.  It's a very interactive Read Aloud.  It's also perfect for my ELLs.  You just need a pair of shoes (I use an old pair of my hubby's boots), a pair of pants, an old shirt, a pair of gloves, a hat and a plastic jack-o-lantern.  Then they need to clomp clomp their feet, clap clap their hands, shake shake and wiggle wiggle their bodies, nod nod their heads and say BOO!!!
Then when we're done reading the story, we build a scarecrow.  This year my classroom has two entryways so I keep one closed.  It has a little cubby-area.  So this is where my scarecrow sits in my wagon.  I don't know if it has scared any crows, but it has scared some teachers...especially if they're in the building after hours~in the dark~on the weekend...because it is life-size and if you aren't paying attention, it looks like a man sitting there when you glance quickly at it.  I've heard more screeches and gasps...and then laughs.




Glitter Words
[Glitterfy.com - *Glitter Words*]

No comments:

Post a Comment