Sunday, August 11, 2013

Ready For A New School Year

One Day Left!!! For all intents and purposes, my summer is over.  It's okay though...I'm looking forward to this new school year.  Lots of changes.  If you've read my earlier posts, you'll see that we have a new principal.  Our new one is going to be great. She is our former instructional coach and a veteran teacher in our district.  I'm looking forward to working with her again!

Also, I am getting ready for my new position as ESL teacher.  I can't believe how many people think that you have to speak Spanish to teach ESL.  Nuh uh.  Some districts (in bigger cities than in which I teach) have up to (or even surpassing) 110 languages or dialects.  There is NO WAY you can speak all the languages spoken.  The key is in the strategies.  That is what I am armed with...and ready to share not only with my students, but also with my teammates.

I have created some tools that any teacher can use in any classroom.  It's not necessarily created for language teachers as it has basic forms, nametags, rules...lots of tools for teaching...great stuff for the beginning of the school year.  You can get it here at my Teachers Pay Teachers store or here at my Teachers Notebook store.




Good luck and have an awesome school year!
Glitter Words

[Glitterfy.com - *Glitter Words*]

No comments:

Post a Comment