Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Daily Schedule Book for Autistic & Special Needs Kids

This year, I have the pleasure of working with a very special little girl.  She has Autism. I adore her and so do all of my students.  This is only the second time in my career that I have worked with an identified Autistic child.  I do believe I have had other Spectrum kids, but they were not identified and I certainly am not qualified to officially label them as such.
Working with both of these kids has really been great.  As a matter of fact, my friend and colleague, who happens to be our Special Education teacher, and I have been playing with the idea (fantasy maybe more like it) of starting some kind of program for Autistic children in our area.  Not sure if it will ever be reality, but for now I guess we can dream.
Anyhow.... one thing I have learned is the importance of these kids knowing their schedule, their expectations, and knowing when they are done with their tasks.  I have created this book that you can grab at my Teachers Pay Teachers store. There is some assembly required, but I do think it will prove to be a valuable tool.



Glitter Words
[Glitterfy.com - *Glitter Words*]

2 comments:

  1. Hi Stacey,
    Welcome to the blogging world! Your blog design is adorable! I'm proud to be your newest follower. I'll stop by again soon for another visit. :)
    Take care,
    Wendy

    Read with Me ABC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy. It's so exciting to see my blog growing. Slow but steady. I'm going to go on over & check your blog out!
      Stacey

      Delete