Thursday, December 27, 2012

New stuff!!!

 OK first of all, I am having an awesome time learning more and more about blogging and creating.  I found this way to "glitterfy" my signature (check it out below). Isn't it awesome?!?!

Also, I became a Teaching Blog Addict.  I admit it, I have an addictive personality.  It's a good thing I'm addicted to healthy things like my horses and well...this. As my husband would say "blah, blah, blah."

So I have made a few new items that I have posted on my Teachers Pay Teachers store.

The first one is mostly about New Year's Resolutions.  Plus it has a comparison study of two Cinderella (meeting Common Core Standards)-type books and it connects them back to resolutions.


The next one is a short Martin Luther King Junior (duh!?!-like you can't read that for yourself!?!?!) Unit.  It focuses on his I Have A Dream speech. Plus it meets Common Core Standards and uses graphic organizers.


And then these are cute baggie toppers for Valentine's Day snacks.  They say "Have a Beary Sweet Valentine's Day!" I plan on putting teddy grahams in the baggies. Awww.


And my last new item (at least for this post-hahaha): I made these posters that go with our building's Spelling program.  We are piloting the F.A.S.T. Spelling program.  So far we LOVE it (okay, at least I love it but I do think my teammates do as well).  It teaches kids to "pinch and write sounds", plus it give hints for kids to visualize sounds-that's what the posters are for...aha!!  You can check out the program at www.fastlearningllc.com .  I do think that the posters will work with any Spelling program.  Up until this year we really had NO Spelling Program and I would have loved something like this to help guide my lessons.


Currently, I am working on creating my own backgrounds, borders, fonts and graphics.  I am still just a beginner, but I did use one of my new fonts in the Wild New Year unit and my new backgrounds in the MLK, the Valentine Baggie Toppers and the Spelling Posters.  I still have a lot to learn, but I'm trying to do it slowly so I do it right.  It makes me crazy that new things don't happen faster, but I keep repeating the mantra "slow and steady wins the race"-although there is no race and nothing to win-but it keeps me sane.  If anyone can give me hints at making images transparent, I would love it.  I don't have any special graphics program...just Paint for now and I am drawing by hand and scanning.  Anyway, once I have those things figured out, I think I'll put them up for others to use.

So DUH on me...I just noticed I already posted the Baggie Toppers. HAHAHA!!                                                                                


Glitter Words
                                                 


[Glitterfy.com - *Glitter Words*]

No comments:

Post a Comment