Sunday, November 11, 2012

Veteran's Day

Our military does such an crucial job for our country, ensuring our freedom and safety and so much more.  But for first grade students, these are two very important jobs that they can comprehend.  Every year, I am amazed at how my 7 year old kiddos understand this.  So this year, I made the cutest Veteran's Day "soldiers" with my students.
Yesterday, I received an email from one of the parents in my classroom.  One of my little monkeys was so excited that we were learning about veterans that she went home and asked to call her uncle who is serving in the military.  It just so happens that he is going to be in town the week of Thanksgiving and has offered to come and speak with our students.  WHAT AN HONOR!!  So in addition to making the "soldiers", we are going to complete a writing prompt describing a veteran.  Here is a writing paper that I will use with my first grade students.  Enjoy! And God Bless America!


Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment