Monday, November 12, 2012

Student Storage


I am blessed to have both a mother and a mother-in-law, who are both amazing and wonderful women. Both  are retired and both love to sew.  My mom specializes in bags and my other mother is a quilter. So up until last year, I had tables in my classroom, not desks.  This created an issue with where my students kept their daily supplies.  We put our heads together and decided to make chair pockets (like the commercial kind but cuter I think).  We had no pattern so we just measured the chairs, picked up some fabric and some elastic and started to sew.  They turned out great and the only problem was we needed stronger fabric as after a few months, the fabric started to wear out..  When that happened, we switched to using a stronger canvas fabric and voila... They work great.

No comments:

Post a Comment